Sunday, April 15, 2018

The Duke's Alliance - book five - A Soldier's Bride

CLICK HERE
£1.99/$2.99
Release day 19th April
A Soldier's Bride is the fifth book in The Duke's Alliance series which charts the stories of a family of six siblings. 
Lord Peregrine Sheldon, Lord Aubrey's twin, is an intelligence officer for Wellington. When he is reported missing, presumed dead, Beau, The Duke of Silchester, does not believe this dreadful news and decides to go to Spain and find Perry.
Sofia, an English girl living in a Spanish hill village, fights with the partisans, wears a gentleman's attire and is as far from a society miss as one could hope to find. 
Perry is seriously injured in a fall and recovers consciousness to discover he is not only blind, but has no notion who he is, or what he is doing in the foothills of the Spanish mountains. Sofia discovers him and he is taken to her mother's home in the village to recover. 
Inevitably, they fall in love and Perry is finally able to declare his feelings when his memory and sight return. They are from different worlds and both soon regret their marriage. Sofia feels trapped by the conventions and rules of his world and Perry believes his lovely young bride will never settle in England after her wildlife in Spain. 
Will their love be enough to overcome the social gulf between them? Can the duke step in and persuade them to stay together?



I am sad to be about to write the sixth and final book, The Duke's Bride, in this series. Over the past two years I have got to know these characters and they are like personal friends. The last book will be the duke's story - the one readers are waiting for and the one I most want to write. That will be our in the autumn.
I have also written the fourth and final book in The Nightingale Chronicles, my Victorian family saga. All's Well That Ends Well is with my editor and I'm hoping to publish in the summer - if we ever get one.
The third series I am writing is Ellen's War, a WW2 saga following Ellie Simpson, a pilot in the ATA. I sold all three books to Aria, Head of Zeus, and so had to remove the first two from sale. Blue Skies & Tiger Moths will be released again in September and An ATA Girl  will come out next year. The final book, Over & Out has to be handed into Aria on January 1st. 

Now I have to begin all over again and think of three more sets of characters, one in each era, to write about.
Fenella J Miller

2 comments:

Elizabeth Hawksley said...

I love the cover for 'A Soldier's Wife'. It's so nice to have a laughing heroine!

Good luck with it.

Ric Clayton said...

I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whats app +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/