Sunday, November 27, 2011

Ode to a Vampire

This is my latest romance from M&B
It is a Medieval, out now in paperback and soon in ebook.


I wrote a little poem. I also have a couple of Vampire ebooks out as Anne Ireland. The curse of Beauty and a Modern Vampire



Ode to a Vampire




Midnight in her hair; I turn and she is there.

She walks the darkest hours; I feel her mind, I know her kind.

She will have my soul, yet still I heed her call, my lady of the midnight air.

Upon my face her breath will mean my death, yet in her arms I’ll lie before the night is gone. For her sweet

kiss I’ll give my life and leave my gentle loving wife and all my friends and in their place no peace have won.



No more sunlit hours, no happy days I’ll know; instead I’ll walk the night at her side, my lady of the dark

night air. I’ve fought her song so long but now her call I heed. My soul cries out in need. She lifts her hand

and I must go. As she is now so shall I be, a terrible sweet aching agony possesses me.

Farewell my life, my friends, my sweet children too.

She calls and I will answer for she owns my soul, my mind, my very breath.

Midnight in her hair; I turn and she is there.

Hope you enjoyed the poem.

2 comments:

Sarah Mallory said...

Woo, go Anne! The poem would make a good song, I think!

Congratulations on the new book, and the e-books.

Anne Herries Author said...

Yes, it has a tune in my mind, Sarah, and it kept repeating over and over until I wrote it down.
Linda