Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Reason to Rebel



I am delighted with the cover for my first e-book, A Reason to Rebel, due to be released by Samhain on 21st April. My heroine, Estelle Travis, is torn between the duty she owes to her father and the desire to live her life by her own rules. I think the inner conflict she battles with has been captured perfectly by the artist in her expression. And as for the hero, well...I'm not surprised that one look at him and Estelle's inhibitions flew out the window!

Do let me know what you think of the cover and be sure to look out for A Reason to Rebel, due to be released on 21st April in e-book format ISBN9781605044965 priced at just $5.50.

Wendy Soliman

8 comments:

don said...

A nice cover that has a degree of dreaminess about it. But...what period is it set in? It could even be modern. If this is an historical story why not have a clear period drawing?

Melinda Hammond/Sarah Mallory said...

Congratulations on your first Samhain e-book, Wendy. Love the cover although I have to agree with Don that there's no costume to date it, although from the heroine's hairstyle I'd say 18th/19th century.....

Fenella J Miller said...

Wendy,
I love the cover - but agree the costume is not regency - but the hero makes up for all that.
Fenella

Jan Jones said...

Lovely cover, Wendy.

kate tremayne said...

Congratulations on your first Samhain e-book. I think the cover is very atmospheric.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your input.  It's a regency, of course, and yes, I suppose you could argue that the costume, or lack of it, leads to some ambiguity about the time period.  However,I was so bowled over when I saw the proofs that I honestly didn't notice!

Wendy

Jane Odiwe said...

Congratulations Wendy - it's a lovely cover!

lynneconnolly said...

Love the cover, that is gorgeous! Bet the book's going to be fun, as well.