Thursday, April 19, 2007


I have just received copies of my latest book, The Belles Dames Club, which is published at the end of the month. The first time you hold your new book in your hand is always a wonderful moment for an author – at last you have something to show for all those months (sometimes years) of hard work. I get a real buzz from it, and I am sure I am not alone in this.

The Belles Dames Club was an extremely enjoyable book to write, featuring a group of ladies who are determined to enjoy themselves, even within the restrictions of their Georgian society. We have Madeleine Wyckenham, a fun-loving young lady who finds herself at odds with Lord Alresford – a gentleman who turns out to be not quite so straight-laced as she first assumes. Then there's her lovely step-mama, a widow whose charms attract the attentions of two very different suitors, while it is Viscountess Gaunt's outrageous ideas that plunge them all into a series of mad-cap adventures.

There was plenty of scope for fun and adventure in this book, but I had to stop somewhere! I hope you enjoy it – let me know what you think.

Melinda Hammond.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is a review for this Regency frolic on
http:redrosesforauthors.blogspot.com