Sunday, April 08, 2007

Captain Wentworth

I always think that one of the most fun parts of making a TV/ film adaptation of a great book must be the casting. In real life, for casting directors, it's probably a job with a lot of ups and downs, but in the imagination it's wonderful to try and decide who will play favourite parts.




We have had Ciaran Hinds and Rupert Penry-Jones as Captain Wentworth.

I would love to see Hugh Jackman as Wentworth. Who would be your ideal?








When looking for a cover for Captain Wentworth's Diary, which will be out in June, I found this wonderful portrait. The reason I like it so much (apart from the fact that he's gorgeous) is that it's an outdoor portrait, and they're not so easy to find. With the wind blowing in his hair, he could almost be on board ship.

He's also young, and as I start Captain Wentworth's Diary in 1806, when Wentworth is 23, that's ideal.





Captain Wentworth's Diary is out in June and is available to pre-order now from Amazon by clicking here

You can find more details, including an extract, on my website by clicking here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd have Richard Harrington who played Alan Woodcourt in the recent Bleak House and also Anna Maxwell Martin who played opposite him as Anne, ( also Cassandra in Becoming Jane).
I love your cover portrait too, he's lovely!

Anonymous said...

I think Hugh Jackman would be great indeed. And what about Dermot Mulroney? He has got such a talent for romantic roles.