Thursday, November 09, 2006


When I came back from my break in Northumberland last weekend I had a lot of emails to catch up on, and going through the list I was thrilled to discover that my latest novel, Gentlemen in Question, has been listed as an Editor's Choice in the Historical Novel Society Review for November. Phrases such as "highly recommended" had me grinning like Alice's Cheshire cat. Although authors should never get carried away by reviews – they are very subjective, after all - it is always gratifying to find someone likes your work and to be on a list that contains such writers as Philippa Gregory and Edna O'Brien is a bit overwhelming! I am off to open a bottle of bubbly!

You can read the review at http://www.historicalnovelsociety.org/ec-nov-2006.htm

Melinda Hammond

3 comments:

Historical Romance Author said...

Well done Linda. I ordered this book from Colchester library when it came out and loved it. I've not seen it on the shelves since- so it must always be out!!
It's wonderful to be selected in the same list as such illustrious writers- good for you and for Hale
Fenella Miller

AnneMarie Brear said...

Congratulations, Melinda!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being chosen for the Editor's recommendations!