Monday, May 01, 2006

Fateful Deception - the ebook


Fateful Deception was published on fictionwise.com, a leading website for ebooks, a few days ago. It's my first ebook and a short novel; a Regency advenure about a cavalry officer and a missing heiress. It was my first book which I contracted for publication with DC Thomson originally, back in 2004, and was shortlisted for the 2005 Joan Hessayon New Writers Award.

Anyway, if you missed it first time in print, now's your chance to read it in eformat.

I've been explaining what ebooks are to various people in the last week or so, so they're still not mainstream. Soon, perhaps.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great, Kate, and the cover looks fabulous. Good luck with it.

Kate Allan said...

Thanks Melinda!
I have all my fingers and toes crossed... :)

AnneMarie Brear said...

Good luck with the book, Kate.

The cover is marvellous by the way.

Shame ebooks aren't so widely known. All ebook authors have to educate the print readers.
In Australia the whole idea of ebooks hasn't taken off but that because it's not widely promoted.
I hope publishers soon join with the ebook reader manufactures to fix this issue.

Good luck with sales.