Saturday, December 24, 2005

At last, a cover for 'A Suitable Husband' !


After weeks of eager anticipation a black and white sketch of the cover for my next Regency, A SUITABLE HUSBAND ISBN 0709080298, out in March 2006, has arrived. I love it - and a bookseller friend told me, I'm not sure this is true, that if the author's name is above the title, and larger, then you have arrived! From the sketch it would appear that my name is to be above, but not larger, so perhaps I am halfway through the door.
On Thursday 22nd I featured in a centre page spread in the East Anglian Daily Times. It was a good article and even the photographs were acceptable. I shall go everywhere with a copy in my bag and thrust it under the noses of all my friends. I am waiting expectantly for the Nationals to ring!!!
I discovered that William Pitt, in 1800, was well known to drink port a pint at a sitting and no-one objected to him running the country, and he did it well. He must have been permanently inebriated- I might risk a small glass of white wine- seeing as it's Christmas.
HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND A PEACEFUL AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR
TO ALL!
Fenella,24th December

No comments: